As many people learn about the benefits of using a mini-split air conditioner they begin their search for the units. While they are likely to find a variety of mini-split air conditioners, as well as split air conditioners, it may not be a simple choice when it comes to deciding which one to purchase. The more you know about what to look for when purchasing a mini-split air conditioner, the better off you will be and the longer you will appreciate the one you chose.
Mini-Split Air Conditioner Usage
For years people around the world have been making the switch to the mini-split air conditioner, and for good reason. They offer a lot of benefits over other types of units. Being a ductless air conditioner they offer the advantage of not having to use ducts throughout the building. It is estimated that 20-30 percent of all the heating and cooling is lost right in the ducts as it is traveling from room to room. This means that a lot of energy, and money, is being wasted.
Mini-split air conditioners are sometimes referred to as ductless air. They are helpful when it comes to saving both energy and money. They also offer better climate control throughout the home or commercial building. Before buying any type of mini-split air conditioner it is best to do a little comparison, just to ensure that the unit you select ends up meeting your needs, as well as your expectations.
Sizing Up Air Conditioners
As you look around at the various types of air conditioners, including the mini-split air conditioners, you may think that they are all the same. After a while they seem to offer and do the same thing and it seems as though you could pick one by throwing a dart at pictures on the wall. But as you can imagine, that is not the best route to take.
There are some things you should look for when choosing a mini-split air conditioner to purchase, including:
• Reputation. The company you purchase the mini-split air conditioner from should have a solid reputation with the public. If they have a good reputation then you can rest assured knowing it not only offers quality air conditioners, but it also stand behind the products.
• Energy efficiency. One of the main advantages of using a mini-split air conditioner is that it uses less energy. Be sure that the one you are considering states that it does save energy. In turn, that will save you money. Look for the ENERGY STAR® label, so that you know it has been certified as being energy efficient.
• Competitive pricing. Compare the pricing on the split air conditioners to ensure that you are getting a competitive price. Keep in mind when buying mini-split air conditioners that they may cost more than other types of air conditioners you are considering. However, they will save you money each month, all year long, which adds up to greater savings over the life of the unit. Take that into account, because the mini-split air conditioner will save you money on a monthly basis.
• Eco-friendly. Another important benefit of using mini-split air conditioner is that they are environmentally friendly. Be sure to inquire about this with the company you are considering, such as to make sure they are using the most environmentally friendly refrigerant on the market.
• Heating option. A mini-split air conditioner should have a built-in heat pump. The heat pumps allow your mini-split air conditioner to also provide heat. This will give you the option of using one ductless unit for both your heating and your cooling.